Triggered by a Twitter conversation with @pat my interest in blogging has been reinvigorated. After looking at a few options, I still couldn't find anything I liked, and the ol' Tumblr had not aged well.
Here's what I wanted:
- Minimal and fast
- Still web-based for online editing, no ssh/compile phase
- Markdown, specifically GitHub-flavored with...
- Great syntax highlighting
- Drafts which can be automatically published later
- Twitter single-user authentication
So I built it. It's not Svbtle, but I like it. It's friendly:
And offers easy previews:
Co-incidentally, this is exactly what I wanted from a content management system, so I might roll one together for the ad-hoc websites people ask me to build.